It was my birthday on the 15th and here are the 22 things I have learnt in my 22 years!
- Gender Roles are bollocks! Feminism FTW!
- DTFBA – don’t forget to be awesome.
- Accept criticism from those who know best.
- Haters gonna hate (hate, hate, hate)
- Work hard and keep going – push through!
- The pain in your past will help your future.
- Let it go (the cold never bothered me anyway)
- Push past the creative block!
- Being of the same faith doesn’t mean you believe the same things.
- Maybe and indecision is okay but sometimes there is only a yes or no.
- Invite people to hang out with you.
- Be generous – buy that coffee and make that time.
- Be kind to shop workers or waitresses.
- Grades (numbers, letters) are not important.
- Look past a persons race, religion, sexuality, skin colour and see the person beneath.
- Help yourself!
- Love a range of things.
- Confidence comes from within but it is okay to be shy and unsure.
- Don’t be placed in a box.
- Mental health is like physical health – treat it as such.
- Know you can do anything – What can’t I do?
- Learn to love yourself. Love may not come from other people or job satisfaction. Be there for yourself – especially when no one else is.
Be brave, be kind, be awesome.